Whether you are a tourist on a holiday, coming for a short business trip or staying with family, we offer Overseas Visitor Health Cover (OVHC) for international visitors on 600 Visitor Visas.

Our OVHC is Australia-wide and lets you access medical and health cover if something happens during your stay. The Department of Home Affairs recommends that 600 Visa holders take out health insurance each time you travel to Australia – so you are covered during your stay.

From $148.70 AUD/mth with $500 hospital excess.

Our most affordable in-hospital cover to meet visa requirements.

From $603.30 AUD/mth with $500 hospital excess

In-hospital and out of hospital cover including local doctors, specialists and prescription medicines.

Visitor visas are issued by the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs for tourists, business visitors or to visit family. You must be a genuine visitor and have enough money to support your stay and leave.

For more information about how to apply, visit the Department of Home Affairs.

The 600 Visitor visa lets you visit Australia for up to 3, 6 or 12 months and has 6 streams:

  1.  Tourist stream (apply in Australia)
  2.  Tourist stream (apply outside Australia)
  3.  Sponsored family stream
  4.  Business visitor stream
  5.  Approved Destination Status stream 
  6.  Frequent Traveller Stream

For more information about the streams, visit the Department of Home Affairs website.


You might be able to get this visitor visa (subclass 600) if you are travelling to Australia:
  • as a visitor or tourist
  • for business visitor activities
  • to visit family
  • on a tour with a registered travel agent from the People’s Republic of China.

For full details about eligibility and more information, visit the Department of Home Affairs website.

Accessed: Department of Home Affairs, March 2023.

We offer Overseas Visitors Health Cover (OVHC) for international visitors on the 601 Electronic Travel Authority Visa.
We offer Overseas Visitors Health Cover (OVHC) for international visitors on the 651 eVisitor Visa.
single policy ovhc
A single policy will provide cover for the primary visa holder only. This policy will not cover dependants, spouses or children. If your situation changes, you will need to update your policy.*
A dual family policy provides cover for the primary visa holder and either one adult spouse or de facto partner or one or more children under the age of 18 years old.
A multi-family policy provides cover for the primary visa holder, one adult spouse or de facto partner and one or more dependant children under the age of 18 years old.
*If you hold a secondary visa, you must be insured under the same policy as the primary visa holder.  You are only eligible to hold a single OVHC policy if you are the primary visa holder.
Access your health care
If something happens, you can rely on our large network of doctors and medical providers across Australia.
We are ready to help whenever you need us with our 24/7 emergency and assistance phone for members. 
Online Certificate
Purchase online and you will receive your Certificate of Insurance via email.