If you are in Australia to participate in eligible activities, you may be eligible for a 408 Temporary Activity Visa. We offer Overseas Visitor Health Cover (OVHC) for international visitors on the 408 Temporary Activity Visa.

Our OVHC is Australia-wide and lets you access medical and health cover if something happens during your stay.

The Department of Home Affairs requires 408 visa holders take out health insurance each time you travel to Australia – so you are covered during your stay.

From $66.40 AUD/mth with $500 hospital excess.

Our most affordable
in-hospital cover to meet
your visa requirement.
From $113.85 AUD/mth with $500 hospital excess.

In-hospital and out of hospital cover including local doctors, specialists and prescription medicines.
From $183.70 AUD/mth with $500 hospital excess.

In-hospital and out of hospital cover with some extras benefits including minor dental and optical.
From $345.10 AUD/mth with $500 hospital excess.

Our most comprehensive cover with many extras benefits including major dental, optical, physio and hearing aids.

The 408 Temporary Activity Visa allows visitors to come to Australia to work in the entertainment industry, participate in activities at the invitation of an Australian organisation, participate or observe in an Australian research project and more.

For more information, visit the  Department of Home Affairs website.

Accessed: Department of Home Affairs, March 2023.
single policy ovhc
A single policy will provide cover for the primary visa holder only. This policy will not cover dependants, spouses or children. If your situation changes, you will need to update your policy.*
A dual family policy provides cover for the primary visa holder and either one adult spouse or de facto partner or one or more children under the age of 18 years old.
A multi-family policy provides cover for the primary visa holder, one adult spouse or de facto partner and one or more dependant children under the age of 18 years old.
*If you hold a secondary visa, you must be insured under the same policy as the primary visa holder.  You are only eligible to hold a single OVHC policy if you are the primary visa holder.
Access your health care
If something happens, you can rely on our large network of doctors and medical providers across Australia.
We are ready to help whenever you need us with our 24/7 emergency and assistance phone for members. 
Online Certificate
Purchase online and you will receive your Certificate of Insurance via email. 
  • 188 Business Innovation & Investment (Provisional)
  • 400 Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity)
  • 401 Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity)
  • 402 Training and Research
  • 403 Temporary Work (International Relations)
  • 407 Training
  • 408 Temporary Activity
  • 416 Seasonal Worker Program
  • 457 Skilled Temporary Work
  • 461 New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship Visa
  • 476 Skilled Recognised Graduate
  • 482 Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS)
  • 485 Temporary Graduate
  • 489 Skilled Regional (Provisional)
  • 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional)