At Allianz Care we are committed to improving the lives of our members and offering simple access to care. As part of this commitment, we are undertaking a Hospital in the Home trial for Allianz Care Australia – Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) members in Adelaide, Brisbane and Melbourne. The trial will be undertaken from December 2020 to June 2021 with Torrens Health, a leading Australian healthcare company and nursing agency.
The trial will evaluate the role of specialist care for members who may benefit from receiving treatment at home rather than in hospital.
Eligible conditions which can be referred to Torrens Health for the pilot include:
- Intravenous (IV) infusions including antibiotics for cellulitis, kidney, or urinary tract infections
- Complex wound dressings
- Pain management (IV and subcutaneous injections only)
- Insulin dependent diabetes care
To be eligible to participate in the pilot, the Allianz Care Australia OSHC member is required to be:
- Clinically stable
- Living in suitable accommodation to receive care
- Able to access additional support if required e.g. by a relative or carer
- Agreeable to the proposed Hospital in the Home treatment plan