At Allianz Care we are committed to improving the lives of our members and offering simple access to care. As part of this commitment, we offer a Hospital in the Home program for eligible Allianz Care Australia OSHC and OVHC members. This program is run by Torrens Health, a leading Australian healthcare company and nursing agency.
Hospital in the Home is designed to provide specialist care for members who may benefit from receiving treatment at home rather than in hospital.
Eligible conditions which can be referred to Torrens Health include:
- Intravenous (IV) infusions including antibiotics for cellulitis, kidney, or urinary tract infections
- Complex wound dressings
- Pain management (IV and subcutaneous injections only)
- Insulin dependent diabetes care
To be eligible to participate in the program, the Allianz Care Australia OSHC or OVHC member is required to be:
- Clinically stable
- Living in suitable accommodation to receive care
- Able to access additional support if required e.g. by a relative or carer
- Agreeable to the proposed Hospital in the Home treatment plan