Visa 485 OVHC

485 Visa Health Insurance

From $70.20 | Month
Get a $50 or $100 eGift Care when you purchase a new OVHC workers policy
* $50 e-gift card for a single policy or $100 e-gift card for couple or family policy is only available for new Allianz Care Australia Working Visa Cover policies (i.e. Budget Working Cover, Standard Working Cover, Mid Working Cover or Top Working Cover) purchased between 1 August 2021 and 15 December 2021. Please read the Terms and Conditions for more details. 

Are you staying and working in Australia after graduation and need to meet your 485 visa health insurance requirement? 

We offer Overseas Visitor Health Cover (OVHC) for international visitors on a 485 Temporary Graduate Visa. Our OVHC is Australia-wide and lets you access medical and health cover if something happens during your stay.

The Department of Home Affairs requires that 485 visa holders take out health insurance each time they travel to Australia – so they are covered during their stay.

From $70.20 AUD / mth with $500 hospital excess

Our most affordable
in-hospital cover to meet
your visa requirement.
Get a Price
From $103.50 AUD / mth with $500 hospital excess

In-hospital and out of hospital cover including local doctors, specialists and prescription medicines.
Get a Price
From $151.80 AUD / mth with $500 hospital excess

In-hospital and out of hospital cover with some extras benefits including minor dental and optical.
Get a Price
From $285.20 AUD / mth with $500 hospital excess

Our most comprehensive cover with many extras benefits including major dental, optical, physio and hearing aids.
Get a Price

The Australian Government Department of Home Affairs requires you to maintain adequate health insurance for yourself and any family you bring with you while on a 485 visa.

For more information, visit the Department of Home Affairs.

The 485 Temporary Graduate Visa lets international students who have recently graduated from an Australian educational institution to live, study and work in Australia temporarily.

This visa has three streams (Graduate Work, Post-Study Work and Second Post-study Work), which will determine how long you can stay in Australia.

For more information about the streams, visit the Department of Home Affairs website.

To be eligible to apply you must:
  • be younger than 50 years of age
  • hold an eligible visa
  • have held a student visa in the last 6 months
  • have a recent qualification in a CRICOS-registered course
  • nominate one stream only - it is not possible to change visa streams after you apply
  • attach specified evidence when you apply

For full details about eligibility and more information, visit the Department of Home Affairs.

Accessed: Department of Home Affairs, March 2021

Looking for Health Insurance for your 476 Visa? Allianz Care Australia offers Overseas Visitor Health Cover (OVHC) for recent engineering graduates. 
To change your OSHC policy to Overseas Visitor Health Cover you can purchase OVHC online today!
single policy ovhc
A single policy will provide cover for the primary visa holder only. This policy will not cover dependants, spouses or children. If your situation changes, you will need to update your policy.*
A dual family policy provides cover for the primary visa holder and either one adult spouse or de facto partner or one or more children under the age of 18 years old.
A multi-family policy provides cover for the primary visa holder, one adult spouse or de facto partner and one or more dependant children under the age of 18 years old.
*If you hold a secondary visa, you must be insured under the same policy as the primary visa holder.  You are only eligible to hold a single OVHC policy if you are the primary visa holder.
Access your health care
If something happens, you can rely on our large network of doctors and medical providers across Australia.
We are ready to help whenever you need us with our 24/7 emergency and assistance phone for members. 
Online Certificate
Purchase online and you will receive your Certificate of Insurance via email.