Allianz Care Safety Services
Sonder is an on-demand safety services app that has a network of professionals available every minute of every day to provide help and assistance to members.
Sonder has a 24/7 support centre, based in Sydney that can provide assistance over the phone, via chat or in-person where available.
The support team are trained in mental health first aid, complex problem solving, medical triage and much more. They will assess any situation and offer students the most relevant pathway for them to seek solutions and further support.
International students arriving in Australia often feel both excited and anxious. They may ask themselves “What will it be like to study in a foreign country where I have no friends or family nearby?” or “Who do I contact if I am in an accident or fall seriously ill?”. The Sonder support team can assist in any of the following situations and more:
- If you are experiencing a medical issue and want to understand the Australian medical service and the potential costs
- With mental health concerns
- If you feel lost, lonely, scared, worried or confused.
- If you are experiencing domestic violence
- If you are a victim of crime
Students can access the support centre via call, chat or by “swiping for help” on the home screen.
Additionally, members have access to the following features designed to support health and wellbeing of the student community.
Check on me
Track my journey
Safety & wellbeing notifications
How to get Sonder
- Students are only eligible for Sonder Australia if they purchase their OSHC policy through an Allianz Care Australia through an institution or agent approved by Allianz Care Australia. Note: If you purchase OSHC from Allianz Care Australia online, you will not be eligible for Sonder.